Installation & Materials
A guide to the process of materials delivery and installation
Once your order is approved by Storm Exteriors, the roofing materials will be ordered. One of our representatives will contact you to coordinate delivery of the materials. Storm Exteriors does not deliver the materials, so in order to make the delivery go smoothly, it’s recommended to follow the following guidelines:
- After you are contacted about delivery, it is important that your driveway is cleared. Otherwise, the supplier will not be able to back up to the house.
- Ensure roof access is available, as the supplier will also load the materials directly onto the roof.
- It is not necessary for you to be at home during the delivery.
Generally, the installation begins shortly after materials are delivered, but not on the same day. At Storm Exteriors, a representative will call you the day before installation is scheduled to begin. In order to make sure the installation is a breeze, and to better prepare your home and yourself, please take the following steps:
- Make sure that your driveway and roof access are kept clear.
- Our crew will need power access, so in case there are no outdoor outlets available please have an extension cord ready under the garage door. Please let us know if any issues arise with access to power.
- The installation and work create some noise and dirt. Dust and debris may fall into the attics and garages during the tear off process in large amounts. Please cover and move all items that require protection. During the installation process you can also expect banging and vibrations. Make sure there are no valuables or pictures that may be displaced during this process. Firmly attach or temporarily relocate these items to avoid damage.
- During tear off and installation, several tons of material will be transferred. This may result in popped nails or small superficial cracks in drywall. While this is uncommon, there is nothing we can do to avoid it. Storm Exteriors are not liable for any such issues arising.